Monday, October 5, 2020

October goals

 October has arrived and so has chilly weather. It's time to set my goals for the month. I want to quilt 3 quilt tops that have been waiting a long time.

1. quilt big easy Christmas -   I don't have a start date for this one, it was a class at a quilt store that has been closed a long time. I was in love with the Christmas fabric. One of the owners had made a quilt with the fabric and offered the class. I have the back pieced and the binding made.

big easy Christmas

2.- quilt star gazing -  started july 2017 - this quilt is in Bonnie Hunter's book. I have the top finished.

star gazing 

3. finish traffic jam - I started this at a retreat in early January 2020. It was supposed to be a quick and easy donation quilt. But, I didn't pick it up again after the retreat.

traffic jam

But, first, I plan on finishing this older ufo Aunt mary's double Irish chain. I have committed to finishing this before anything else. It's small and needs borders. These projects will also help with my phd2020






6 comments:

  1. Ambitious goals! Hope you can make good progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck and happy finishing, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful, Maggie! It's hard to pick a favorite, but Stargazing and Traffic Jam really caught my attention. Good look and happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely quilts, that Christmas quilt looks special. Hope I see them all quilted by the end of the month. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals. Catch you next month on these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your October goals. You've got some fun projects picked out.

    ReplyDelete