Friday, October 16, 2020

4 patch x finish

I began this 4 patch x in  January 2016. It's a bonnie Hunter pattern from her book more adventures with leaders and enders. I enjoyed the piecing, especially the 4 patches. There is something classic about random 4 patches made from scraps. I love yellow as a color, so, I had no trouble going with the same color scheme as Bonnie.

74 x 84




I used a vintage calico for the binding. Using something like that makes me smile. I know it was vintage, as it was only 36 inches wide. I used a left edge foot, and, attached the binding by machine. I had a 100% cotton sheet the right size for the back. I can't seem to quilt up the pile of waiting to be quilted. As soon as I quilt one, I recount, and, there is the same number. sigh.....




12 comments:

  1. LOL! Do the quilts multiply in your stash? As always, another beautiful finish from your talented hands. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a beauty and a good use of the vintage border fabric. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Bonnie Hunter quilts too! This one is smashing with the red binding next to the outer yellow! It sings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun isn't it making four-patches randomly. You just have to cut a lot and then sew until they're all used up. I like the modified churn dash worked into the sashing. It's altogether a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful quilt! One of these day's I need to try attaching a binding completely by machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty one, Maggie! The yellow does stand out in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on another finish no matter how many are left. I actually love those vintage calicos. I never have much success with sewing bindings down by machine. They always look like they have been sewn down by machine! But some places where I donate request they be sewn down by machine so I do comply.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt. I love your choice of binding, just perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful scrappy finish. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete