Friday, October 2, 2020

project box

Last week was a workshop with our quilt guild. Our resident quilt queen had agreed to teach her 2 nd last time 4 patch posey class. I needed to find the two I had already started, to take and finish at the workshop. I, certainly, did not need to start another one with the class, but, it was a committed time to work on finishing. I went through every ufo bucket twice and no luck finding it. I gave it one more try Friday night, and found the bucket. All my buckets are labeled, why was it so hard to find "the" bucket? - too many buckets.

The black floral was Sharon's 1st last time to teach the class in 2016. 



This was the 2015 class, and, my first 4 patch posey quilt. The fabric I chose, wasn't busy enough to make some of the really awesome combinations that make a 4 patch posey unique. That is why I took it again with a different  fabric.



While I had the bucket out, I decided to reacquaint myself with the projects that were stored together.
I guess I was hoping they had become friends and finished each other. sadly, no. But, I had learned one thing, I have too many ufo projects. I had an actual number, and it was scary. I can't share kind of scary. It's time to make the tough decisions.

This was a cute bug quilt kit I purchased a little while ago. I had forgotten about it. I still want to make it. I think I will make this next year's rainbow scrap challenge. Any color that comes up in a month that is in this fabric, I will at least get started that month. I should have plenty of months as options.


This was an I spy quilt made like a polaroid picture. I hadn't gotten much done on it. I have a large quantity of I spy fabric and scraps. But, do I want to work on it? yes and no - that is always the problem. First, I think I will ask my friends if they want to take it, and see if I can pass it along.


This is a zigzag quilt that uses 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch pieces. I think I have 49 blocks. I bet there is enough of the blocks for a baby donation quilt- undecided.


This was a veggie jar quilt kit, that I thought was already made into jars, but, no. I will offer this to friends first.


These are the string blocks for Bonnie Hunter's blue skies quilt from her book string fling. I definitely plan on finishing this someday. It goes back into the project box.


I have 2 of these panels that I had hoped to make into donation quilts. Asking friends if they want to make a donation quilt from these panels.


And a quiltsmart package for the double wedding ring. I looked at the plan for this, and, I have leftover wedges from my dwr quilt that I could make use of with this. This needs to go, and, I need to move on.



I had cut for a book quilt for my daughter who has always been a  bookworm. I do want to do this. Another rainbow scrap challenge by color and month.


And, finally, this project was a kit I bought and spent more money than I should have on it, and, it is all pieced. I just need to decide how to finish it. It is smaller than I like, so it stalled. I will finish this and not work on anything  else until I do. No cutting, no piecing, no other quilting fun, until I have this finished. Let's see if I can do it. This will part of my one monthly goal and phd 20


15 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie! Good job finding the bucket you wanted, along with a few friends. It sure would be nice if they could all become friends and move themselves along sometimes, wouldn't it. So many great projects - I can see why you started each one of them. Those flowers on the black background are gorgeous! I sure hope you do make that book quilt. I have always wanted to make one - two actually, as my niece asked for one ages ago, and I'd like to give one to her. Good luck finding good homes for these projects and I look forward to seeing that last one - your OMG project, d.o.n.e. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. the statement "maybe they became friends and finished each other" made me snort right out loud!! too funny! all those projects look like such fun tho - happy UFO'ing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck passing on the things you no longer want to work on and finishing up the ones you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only our projects finished themselves! i do like many of your projects. The little quilt at the end that is all pieced and is smaller than you'd like might make a nice table topper. I love the bugs, too! That will be a fun RSC project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always I teresting finding long forgotten projects which have been hidden away. It will be great if a few of the half started donation quilts can be passed along to friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find. Must have been like Christmas. So many projects, and so similar to my UFO's. I have trouble giving them away. Would rather finish them then donate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its funny how we all can relate.thought they are further along, size not right, not in love with anymore. I try to make runners or small projects out of mine and get er done and off my mind and list. I once gasp even took on someone elses ufos.what was i thinking? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes we just need to go through everything and dig out all the unfinished projects. Good for you for deciding to pass some of them along. Have fun at your class and have fun progressing an unfinished quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. Fun to see your sunken treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many lovely projects! It seems like a lot of quilters are using the extra time on our hands to dig out those old UFOs and WIPs and reevaluate which to finish and which to let go. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post. I see other people are like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got some really wonderful projects, Maggie. From the looks of it, you could stand to join my UFO Club! Wednesday at midnight EDT is the sign-up deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of fun projects here! I made a polaroid I-Spy (with shadow effect--very worth the extra steps!) for my grandson last year and he loves it! Whenever I see it, I'm surprised at how beautiful it is! Pictured here: https://livelylatte.blogspot.com/2019/11/and-so-begins.html
    If you have any cuties in your life that could use a Christmas gift, I'd recommend making it for them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete