Saturday, July 25, 2020

a blue row

This is the last blue Saturday for the rainbow scrap challenge. I am not really done with my projects, yet. Good thing, I still have time. I wonder what color I will be using next week...

I had the chance to make another blue row for the rainbow row x row I am making.
I prefer to cut my pieces oversized and trim. That way I can use a standard size cut.


I  have 6 rows ready out of 13.






I have started with the blues for putting words together for last year's rainbow quote quilt. I have a few words together, and, it is very exciting. I wasn't sure, when I started, that I would like it or know what I was doing.




My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

jamestown landing

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting

8 comments:

  1. Love the block in your row by row! I still have one block to construct.... good thing the day is not over yet! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue rows are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty blues in your row x row! I think you did a great job with your letters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like those X blocks. Diagonal settings are always tricky with measurements. Over-sized pieces sound like a great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Row x row blue blocks are looking good! I am watching with interest the letters you are making. I finally found a copy of Tonya Ricucci’s book, Word Play Quilt’s. I’m excited to get started on something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Dark BLUE Rainbow X row is SEW pretty and the suspense concerning your Phrase quilt makes me want to sneak into your sewing room to find your planning sheet!!! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the opposite...I'd rather cut weird sized pieces than have to trim anything. It's nice that there are different ways to get to the same end result.

    Oh, now you have me wondering what the quote is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trying to figure out what you're writing with your letters. Guess I'll have to wait for the big reveal. The X blocks are really cute!

    ReplyDelete