Friday, February 14, 2020

woven finish

We had the prettiest, fluffy snowfall, and, I was anxious to get a photo of this recent finish. What a fun combination. I started this quilt last year, as part of the rainbow scrap challenge. Every month I made the 4 patches in the color of the month from 2 1/2 inch squares. Otherwise, it would have been a quick and easy quilt to make.


I used a variegated thread and a free motion swirl pattern. It finished at 54 x 60 inches, and has 429 pieces, and used 7 1/4  yards of fabric ( mostly scraps ). I used my sewing machine for the binding. I am getting happier with the results of machine binding.


The back was a really nice sheet from goodwill. The legs were from my husband. lol


This quilt is part of my one monthly goal for February and one of my PHD 2020.

I am linking to:


23 comments:

  1. What a lovely finish! A lot of pieces and loads of fabric. But I'm sure it feels great to have it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool! That is a great idea for the RSC!! it turned out great. Thanks for linking up at Finished ( or not) Finished ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collection of bright blocks in the interesting setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt, all those gorgeous colours against the black look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little quilt and a great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really cute quilt - and I love your FMQ swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your finish! That's a neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on such a pretty finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! Love the layout of the simple 4-patches. Made a beautiful quilt. Not sure which I like more -- the pretty background setting or hubby's supportive legs! Lol! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right - it is the prettiest snowfall, and a lovely finish to go with it. That's a really great design to use up some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely finish, and I like that you've used so many beautiful colors with black to make them sparkle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Maggie! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you for actually using scraps over going for a quick make. Your quilting is wonderful. And I like to use sheets for backings too. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous use of 4-patches! I love everything about this sweet little quilt. LOL on your husband's legs. Great finish, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how this has turned out. You have given me an idea for the RSC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful finish! Love the snowy photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! I hope you don't mind if I decide to do something similar with my scraps? I have abundance of 2 & 2.5" squares and lots of blacks and this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete