Friday, February 28, 2020

sand castle finish

I am not getting the comments in my email. I wonder if blogger is having a problem. I am sorry if I am not responding to comments. I think I may have fixed it.

I started sand castles early last year and have tried to stick to it until it is finished. It was a massive project to cut and sew 3648 pieces and a bunch of strings together, and, more importantly, to keep me on the same project.



It finishes at 80 x 80 and used 20 1/4 yards of fabric.

Funny story: Cleaning up around my treadle in the living room, and I found this bunch of green sets for the sand castle quilt. It couldn't be, then, I looked at the quilt and sure enough there is only one green in the whole quilt. sigh.... I wondered why I had to cut more sets at the end. Is there anybody working on this that could use a few green sets? I can send them to you.



I'm linking to:

This was part of my One monthly goal for February and my goals for PHD 2020


16 comments:

  1. good lord that is a lot of fabric how did you go about measuring that to get that amount? It is a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt! All the colors pop into the neutral background, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, that is just beautiful! Pretty funny about those green pieces, though. I didn't even notice there wasn't much green in Sandcastles until you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take those green extras if you are willing to send them to Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo,that is a beauty AND you finished it!! YAY! Too many little parts for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maggie! WOWEE - 3648 pieces. Holy moly, that is a LOT of pieces and true dedication to get this complete. Perfect quilting design to give this some movement, and that snow actually looks like sand unless you know better. I can't believe you just found that pile of green fabrics!! Too funny. Thank you so much for linking up with TGIFF today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why not just make them into a St Patricks Day wall hanging? Love the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous finish (and a funny story, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that is a marvelous quilt. So many pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on this gorgeous finish! Since the green block is in the middle it makes it even more special. I love it. I might do this quilt one day but not soon enough to accept your generous offer. Good luck with that. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing finish! So many pieces! You gotta feel good about getting this one off your plate?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful finish!!! Why not make a pillow with your leftovers - it would be cool next to the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finish. I just picked up that book last week. I am trying to decide what quilt to make. Thanks for sharing your lovely finish with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That’s a lot of fabric used up on one quilt! I really like it. Congrats for sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a funny story. I know I've lost fabric/blocks/directions to projects in the works. Way to make more blocks to get this one done. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete