Tuesday, February 11, 2020

tiny triangles and wonky stars

My friend Judy gave me this little pint size bag of triangle cut offs from a project she was making. I saw orange in there, so I dumped the bag. Orange is the color of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge, and I have a few blocks that need orange. I was specifically looking for pieces for a small wonky star block. Well that started me down a rabbit hole, again. Judy has the best scraps.


The triangles were all different sizes, since, she had just cut these with scissors from the back of a flip corner. I picked out the orange, and, I started sewing them together. I realized if I trimmed them down, I could use them for the shoofly blocks, too. With boxes and rooms full of lovely fabric, I don't know why these little bits were so fascinating. But,...they...were.





Last week's to do list:
1. borders for woven checkerboard - done
2. frolic blocks - done
3. row x row orange - I am still cutting
4. find a back for sand castles - done

This week's to do list:
1. quilt woven
2. bind woven
3. sashings and corners for frolic
4. row x row orange
5. make shine blocks for orange

I am linking to:
to do tuesday


7 comments:

  1. So cute! I have a jar of these little HST's. Someday I'll get creative with them. These are good ideas. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! I think scraps from a friend are fun - the fabrics are different from what you have in your own stash. It's like getting some samples from the fabric shop to try out! Your orange stars look fab - are you making similar stars for all the colors for RSC? Those pretty batik HSTs make me want to run home and start sewing. Thank you for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's fun when you get off on a tangent like that! Those little wonky stars are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute stars. And I love your mini HSTs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe me, I understand the attraction to little blocks appearing in the sewing room and becoming completely distracted! LOL I love both of these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it us definitely more fun to play with others scraps. I should start a club where we buy fabrics we like then send them off to someone else to play. I never buy brights but when given some Kaffe fabrics I finished not one but 3 table runners. My stash never pushes me like that..lol guess I need to buy more right?

    ReplyDelete