Monday, October 1, 2018

batch sewing orca bay

I have been doing just a wee bit of batch sewing every morning on orca bay. I need 220 something little hourglass blocks. The biggest problem has been knowing what side of the tone on tone neutral is the right side. I am almost half way. It seems very boring, but I have enjoyed the rhythm and quiet of mindless sewing. I have been pondering earth shattering questions like, why when I have so many ufos do I still want to start something new, and what makes me think I will live hundreds of years to finish them, or who comes into my "studio" and takes the scissors or some of the pieces to a quilt, and leaves a rip roaring mess. and how do you lose straight pins from a magnetic pin cushion, and why do we have to cook at my age? yep I am concentrating on the really big things to think about.



I visited the Lafayette quilt show Saturday and this was an entry from a woman who is  101 and still hand quilting.



What is Esther contemplating with her quiet sewing? I sure hope no one is stealing her scissors.

Jo of Jo's country junction is trying to finish all the quilts in quiltville's string fling book before the new book is published. I am trying to finish all the mystery quilts as part of that challenge before the new mystery in November. My challenge finishes here





boms away 
Oh scrap

5 comments:

  1. Maggie, is the Damascus still for sale?

    It has a shuttle and a bobbin?

    I have a cousin in Frankton, who is willing to bring it to Kansas next time he comes. We just met up at a Ks funeral, too bad we didn't talk sooner, huh?

    Please email me your phone, or answer the questions above?

    creativejewel87ATGEEmailDOTcom

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my!! 101~!! I have dreams of being able to still quilt at 80. I'm in awe of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope if I live to be 101 I am still able to quilt!
    I, too, wonder, why do I have to cook? And, I don't much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that sits and contemplates the universe while stitching. Hope you are getting close to your goal on Orca Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your attitude and hope you have some answers to those big unponderables!

    ReplyDelete