Sunday, October 28, 2018

stash report October, 28, 2018

I found this cute little bundle in the guild garage sale.




Most of the pieces were in pieces or scrap size, but there was 2 fat quarters, so I am counting it as a yard. I can never have too many neutrals.

stash report

Fabric Used this Week 0 yards
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 773 1/4 yards  * 400 donated

Fabric Added this Week: 1 yard
Fabric Added Year to Date: 213 3/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 559 1/2 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min every day this week - double wedding ring and orca bay

 I was decluttering a shelf unit and found this oldie tucked away. Time to work on the EPP diamond quilt. I started English paper piecing with this quilt. I was sure I didn't want to do hexagons ( what did I know?) And this seemed simple enough to be a starter project.
I have the urge to work on it .... again, until I tire of it .... again. There is no finish goal in mind, I am just enjoying the process of needle and thread.



I am glue basting these, and I have discovered I like the paper pieces over the plastic pieces.






I am linking to:

Slow Sunday Stitching
sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt. Glad you found it. Winter just makes us want to hunker down with the hand work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not wanting to stitching hexies....really?? =) Your diamond EPP is lovely. What a treasure to find hiding away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to have a project to pick up and work on without any pressure. Pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what glue you are using, but of the ones I've tried, I like the Bohin glue pen the best - it's the most like post-it note glue and comes up without distorting the fabric. That quilt looks wonderful. Your bundle from the guild table is great! I hope you find time every day this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neutrals seems to just evaporate from the stash. Looks like you find a very nice set. Hope you got in lots of stitching time this week.

    ReplyDelete