Saturday, October 27, 2018

the last birch trees

I made 2 dark green birch trees for the rainbow scrap challenge. I think it is time to start laying out the blocks and deciding on the color arrangement. I may have to take it to the library and use their tables.



And, I am already eyeing what rainbow quilts I might do next year. I found these two while cleaning a shelf. This is an Emily Herrick design that everybody was making awhile ago. I didn't get around to it, Better late than never. I like that it uses 2 1/2 inch strips.



Rainbow baby in quilty magazine May/June 2013. This is a quilt designed by Cynthia Brunz from Quilting is more fun than housework. I've had it marked since 2013, and now, I feel like I know her through the blog.


Am I the only one anxious to plan the next year's rainbow scrap challenge?

I am linking to




8 comments:

  1. You are not alone. I have already made a list. I am choosing four projects one for each weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already thinking about it, too! Can't seem to help it when there are so many different quilts out there to make! I love those birch tree blocks - looking forward to seeing all your blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas for the next RSC quilt! I have no ideas myself for now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fun projects! I did the crayon quilt a couple years ago, too, and it’s a great scrap user.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the birch trees! And you're not alone. I'm definitely planning already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing your Birch Tree blocks come together. It has crossed my mind that I need to decide on a RSC project for next year, but I've not gotten so far as to look at my list and start the dithering process. I like your projects for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the crayon rainbow quilt. Great idea for RSC. For those who want to make my Rainbow Baby Quilt, you can find a link to the pattern on my blog. It is how called Wiggle Time and has been updated to be made from both scraps and fat quarters. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to get back to my "regular" RSC projects next year. I took a bit of a break this time around. Not intentionally, but things happen. Have fun laying out your Birch Tree blocks!!

    ReplyDelete