Wednesday, May 2, 2018

more project box decisions

project #4 from the project box included these 2 blocks and thangles and a set of moda strips from a scrap bag. This was the start at a workshop a couple of years ago. The idea was to use a pack of thangles, and then arrange all the half square triangles in whatever way we wanted. I discovered quickly, that I didn't like thangles. I liked the promise of perfect piecing, but not the sewing and stopping and sewing and stopping. or the fussiness of the papers.



I made 2 more to see if I would enjoy making them, and I didn't. I just wasn't in the mood I guess. I am not doing the original project. What else could I do? hmmm


I thought about just cutting the strips into half square triangles and making them sporadically as a leader/ ender, but, I have too many other projects started that I would rather do.
So, I decided they would be great fabric choices to add to the square dance mystery, I have been wishing to do. I have followed along as My Carolina Home has been hosting a mystery quilt and I have a basket of scraps that I would use set aside. I think it is time to start. That is the plan. If in a week I still have not started it. I need to concede defeat and send the fabric into the strip drawers.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



1 comment:

  1. Those not feeling it projects are always so troublesome. Seems you've decided on a path forward. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete