Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A finish

As part of my May one monthly goal, I planned to finsh carolina Christmas. It is a bonnie hunter pattern from her book scraps and shirttails 2.
It was hanging in the "to be quilted" closet. It was completely ready with backing and binding ready. It's great not to have to make any decisions. unfortunately, I still have 20 quilts still in that closet.

I quilted it with an all over swirls pattern in natural white. I use swirls all the time, they are my favorite. I try other patterns but I love swirls the best. They are not gender specific and give a lot of texture to small piecing without overpowering them.


It is a big quilt at about 92 inches square. I will be able to have a Christmas quilt on my bed at Christmas time. I used nearly 25 yards of old Christmas fabric from prehistoric times. The gold in the pattern makes the old stuff look more timeless.


I am really pleased with this quilt. It quilted well. this is the 6th mystery quiltville quilt published in 2009. and later added to her book. It is my 9th completed mystery quilt.


I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



9 comments:

  1. Truly timeless and you'll be able to enjoy it for years to come. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful! What a great way to use up lots and lots of Christmas scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person with a few quilts in the to-be-quilted pile. Mine aren't in a closet . . . YET! HAHA! This is a beautiful finish you are sharing. It might just put everyone in the Christmas spirit a little early, right?! Nothing wrong with that. Happy Wednesday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is really pretty - I love the addition of yellow with the red and green. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right it does look timeless! And gorgeous I might add. So beautiful. Congratulations on a great finish! Thanks for sharing on the 300th Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! I love it and you inspire me to make one for my bed - for next Christmas. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty. I don't have any Christmas quilts, just 2 small wallhangings. This would be an awesome pattern to make, I do have a lot of my mother's ancient Christmas fabrics to be used.

    ReplyDelete