Friday, December 1, 2023

lucky star top

Lucky star rainbow scrap challenge quilt is a top. I have enjoyed making this quilt this year. The colors and fabrics are different than I usually use. Sew, I enjoyed the change. I always enjoy the monthly scrap sewing by color. It makes it seem less intimidating. This quilt is going into the to be quilted closet for a well - deserved vacation.



It's time to look at my monthly PHD report. So far this year, I have completed 26 UFOs from my project closet. Can I do that again next year. I need to do it. But, I am experiencing burn out with enthusiasm. Hopefully with the new year, everything will seem like new again. I think I am on track for 2 more finishes in December - fingers crossed.
Next year, I want to clear the to be quilted closet. I may use a 2 for 1 plan. I have some fun quilts in there, that need to become useful.


I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. love your stars! so colorful, I made one something like this but the border strips were a little different

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've done so well with your UFO projects this year. I get the burn out problem, after 3 years of just focusing on UFOs, it just wasn't fun anymore. Mising in some new projects was really helpful. Maybe you get one new project a quarter? That might help you keep up your pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your stars quilt! Great assortment of prints in your sashings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty, bright, cheerful stars.

    I understand getting burned out on just the UFO's. I'm working on my own UFO's through the end of the year --- trying to turn my unfinished projects into completed tops so that I can dive heavily into quilting them in the new year. I expect that even so, I will have to start some new projects in the new year. There's something about new fabrics...and even new scrap projects. I have to start something new now and then. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty, bright, cheerful stars. I understand burning out on the UFO's. I'm working through my own stash of UFO's because I want to get a lot of unfinished projects to the top stage so that they will be ready to quilt in early 2024. I'm thinking that I'll need to start some new projects along about early 2024 though. There's something about starting new projects that is exciting. The lure of the new, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors are so nice for a donation quilt! I tend to use brights for those, while I'm on a reproduction kick for my other projects. They both help with the burnout factor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fabulous job with this quilt. I love it. Great job on your PhD....I did that and caught up pretty well, but now there are a lot of projects in waiting...but that is a good thing, I think. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the Lucky Star top! I love how bright and fresh it looks. Nice job being organized with your quiltmaking. You have had an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty top! I really love these fabrics. I hope it doesn't spend much time in the to be quilted closet because I can't wait to see it as a quilt! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/6/wednesday-wait-loss-357

    ReplyDelete