Monday, November 21, 2022

rhododendron progress

 It has been soooo cold here this past weekend, and we are still recovering from covid. There was nothing to do but work on rhododendron mystery quilt from last year.


I added inner and outer borders. I may change the cornerstones. I could not find the ones I made during the mystery. And I didn't want to be creative. I wanted it done.



I made the back from a sheet and a leftover pink piece from another back. It was almost to much math for me.


I even cut and made the binding. I can see the end in sight. I have a customer quilt to finish, and, then, I am going to put this quilt on the frame. I have pushed this one a little harder, thinking I can't start another mystery until this one is done.  I am still deciding if I am going to make another mystery. It's a hard decision for me. I have made them all and I like the colors this year, but, I have so many UFOs, I should not add another. I still have 5 days to decide. Any one making Chilhowie?
I am linking:

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt. Good luck deciding about the next mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to make Chilhowie, but I usually wait until January or February to get started. I actually really like this year's colors so I doubt I'll change any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good time to finish that pretty one up! One reason I do love the winter months--they force me to stay IN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely save the clues for Chilhowie. I love the end result, of the mysteries, but the process is sometimes intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've certainly enjoyed seeing this one from time to time and look forward to seeing your finish. I get it about "almost too much math" - ha - thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck getting your mystery quilt finished up. Starting and finishing are the two best parts of making a quilt. Always feels so good to take that last stitch on the binding!

    ReplyDelete