Friday, August 19, 2022

english paper piecing

I was able to trim and add borders to my English paper piecing project at open sew, except the upper left hand corner that was not complete with the diamond EPP shapes. I was technically missing 3. I would have to add them at home. sigh..... I have tried to make this a goal for 3 months, now. I think not knowing how I wanted to finish it was the reason it stalled.- getting closer

I started ( 2009) English paper piecing with this quilt. I was sure I didn't want to do hexagons ( what did I know?) And this seemed simple enough to be a starter project.


I added the 3 missing pieces at home and then, could finish the border. I am ready to find the back and make the binding before it takes a vacation in the "to be quilted" closet, where it will meet old friends and have a great time.

sun was too bright

We are enjoying home grown beets this year. I canned a few pints of pickled beets for the pantry.

3 comments:

  1. I like your stars, diamonds are a nice change from hexies. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your EPP stars are just gorgeous, Maggie! I am also having Beet Envy... :-)

    ReplyDelete