Monday, March 21, 2022

5 quilts march 21, 2022

 My 5 quilts progress report. my last 5 quilts report march 7, 2022

1. Rainbow scrap challenge - yellow/gold - I am catching up hunters star blocks in red and aqua and I am just about done, maybe 5 left to do.



This quilt is officially retired to the "to be quilted" closet
I used a random number generator and I will be opening the box for an older ufo called every which way by gigis thimble

3. rhododendren mystery - hunter -  all rhodo clue 6 is done. I have some cutting to do with clue 7 before I can begin to make block B


4.. basket blocks from 2014-  This quilt is officially sent to the "to be quilted" closet, too

 I used a random number generator for the next UFO to fill this spot- I had a box  of 9 patches that I had set aside to make disappearing 9 patches. I thought they were all the same size, but, they aren't even close. Most of these are scraps from the 90s and were given to me in a scrap bag.     

there are 21 with  4 1/2 in squares

5 or 6 with 3 inch and 5 inch squares

I took these to Friday sew and just cut them. I tried rearranging them, and I just don't like them, yet


5. use a jelly roll - Love jelly roll This is the 4th jelly roll used for the year. I am aiming for 12. I don't like making this 'simple' jelly roll quilt. It is the same process as adding borders only 4 each round. I like the look of it, but, not the slow construction. After Friday group sew I was ready to pitch it, but, I am setting a goal to just add one round at a time. It will take longer, but, I won't be bored with it.



5. Next on my UFO list is an older UFO from the 90s. I bought vintage blocks and was hand quilting them. It is time to unbox them and make decisions. I am not sure I can find everything to keep hand quilting them, so we will decide.


6. wonderland holiday runner - Christmas - I don't remember this so I will have to find the box and make more decisions

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. I am not getting ahead on this. I now have 43 in my pile. I keep finishing UFOs on the 5 quilt list and then there are more in the 'to be quilted' closet....

1.. Christmas sparkle- on the frame - quilted  - trimmed- binding done - finished hooray

2. shine -on the frame - quilted  - trimmed

customer quilt time pause

3. bricks in the barnyard -found

4. tiger, tiger

5. EPP green

I am linking:

5 comments:

  1. I'm on a mission to finish up old projects, too. I have a list which I hope is complete.
    I've often seen people making Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks but I don't know that I have seen a finished quilt. Are they separate quilts or do you use all the blocks in one quilt?
    I have a sample block I made for a jelly roll quilt and now I am itching to sew it! Do you have a purpose for the 12 quilts you plan to make?
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of specifying 5 quilts to work on until a finished top. My biggest issue with getting tops to the finished stage is not having backing fabric. Since I bought quite a few pieces of fabric specifically for backing I can’t say that any more! Just like you I finish one and more pile up, or so it seems. Good luck squeezing in some finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your use a jelly roll design! It's going to be a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jelly roll and pattern. I'll be interested to see what you do with the "patches"!
    Thanks for joining in with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great group of projects! You always amaze me with your organization! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete