Tuesday, March 16, 2021

to do: sparkle

My Friday group met and I worked on Christmas sparkle UFO .  The instructions had me making corner pieces for each of the 9 blocks. I think the block using just these pieces would be great as well.


I was looking forward to trying a block to see what it would look like. I was surprised at how big it was.  

These blocks are huge 24 - 25 inches and there are only 9 of them. I used Christmas fabrics, but, I think I would like it with shirt fabrics.


Christmas sparkle   a free pattern found here is part of my ufo projects for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy 


I am linking to:


6 comments:

  1. That is a great block! I love how the star emerges in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you getting an early start on Christmas! It’s fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning block. It would look good in any material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful so far. Love the early start on it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE your Christmas Sparkle blocks, Maggie!! Thanks for including the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I agree that it would work in shirt fabrics too. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete