Wednesday, March 24, 2021

country roads top

 I found crocus blooming and rhubarb is peeking it's head out of the ground

I added a 2 1/2 inch border to my country roads quilt. I finished the top at the last retreat. It was part of the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy for the last two years. I made the blocks in each month's color.


I needed a 97 x97 back, so, it was time to use a wide backing that I bought during a backing sale at joann fabrics. I chose more yellow for the binding and this quilt now lives in the " to be quilted" closet with many other friends. It seems like just yesterday, it was a newborn quilt awwww


I shared the restart of an old ufo that has me in it's hypnotic power. I made all the blocks I will need for 2 of the 7 colors. So, far, each step has made me want to do "just " a little more. Now, that 2 colors are done, I might as well make one more.

and so it goes...


I am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. Loving those borders on Country Roads! So pretty. Your UFO has definitely taken a hold of you. I guess its sad eyes convinced you to work on it for a bit . I really enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute, "just yesterday it was a newborn quilt!" Hah! I think it looks terrific. I love the sunny yellow border of setting triangles paired with those aqua alternate blocks. It's like sunshine on a clear blue sky. Also -- RHUBARB SEASON?! Time for strawberry-rhubarb PIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope country roads isn't in the closet too long, I want to see what it looks like quilted. Sometimes quilt blocks just take over our lives, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Look how perfect that backing is for Country Roads! The additional border you added really enhances the quilt. Love the strong and cheery feeling it has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the Country Roads quilt. And a very good idea to get the backing ready right away. I'm afraid a lot of my quilt tops go from "newborn" to old ladies in my closet, waiting for me to get around to quilting them. I don't think any of them are old enough to file for Social Security yet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing up your Country Roads quilt top, Maggie! It looks like you've made a good choice with your backing and binding selections. Happy quilting!!

    ReplyDelete