Friday, September 25, 2020

blue 9 patch finish

This quilt began as a challenge this year from my daughter. She had too many 2 1/2 inch strips, and wanted to make a quilt with them. I had a blue 2 1/2 inch strip drawer that I couldn't close. She suggested a race. I talked about racing my daughter using 2 1/2 inch strips here.

We finished in June. Check here to see who won. I have been waiting for an opening on the longarm to do the quilting. I finished it last week and added the binding this week.



I used 3 large pieces of blue fabrics from my stash for the back. This is truly a scrappy quilt using up stash. I am so thankful my daughter motivated me, and, played along with me. 


Here is my start here.
And more about  the quilt blocks here and here.

This will be part of my phd 20


I'm linking to:

TGIFF










10 comments:

  1. this is such a great quilt - the colors are so pretty and play so nicely together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt. Congratulations on this scrappy finish. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of your quilt and it is very pretty too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really pretty! I like the pops of red here and there. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Racing your daughter sounds like so much fun! I love a good scrappy quilt and yours is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome scrap and stash finish, Maggie!! Off to see who won the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how fun! Congrat on your win! The pops of red mixed in with all the blues make a striking quilt! Well done! Thank you for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great scrap busting project. Nine patches is such a versatile design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a pretty quilt! How fun to sew along with your daughter. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love this quilt. I have been thinking about making something similar. I might just have to start a new quilt!

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete