Friday, August 16, 2019

sugar mountain finish

I have a finish. Sugar mountain was a workshop with our guild and Pam Buda. At the last retreat, I decided to finish this quilt the way it was. Originally, this quilt was just 12 blocks, and I rarely do small quilts. I had cut for a few more blocks, and planned to make it bed size. I took it with me to retreat to formulate a plan. The plan ...finish it.


It was small enough that I felt I could longarm it as long as I took long breaks. The binding was done over a couple of evenings in front of the tv.


This is part of my 2019 finish along goals.
My list for the 3rd quarter:
1.wiggle time finished
2. allietare finished
4. sweet land of liberty
5. unicorn
6. good fortune finished
7. crazy 6
8. countryside cottage
9. sugar mountain finished
10.En provence finished
11. melba applique
12.on ringo lake finished
13. scrappy twirl
14. soul searching



I am linking to:




12 comments:

  1. looks good and sounds like if you can quilt a small quilt you are doing better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking finish! I don't use very many small quilts either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish! It's sometimes so hard to figure out where to go on those type of projects. Congrats on a fun finish and getting another one off the UFO list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great finish!!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thaf's a pretty one! I like that star block and the variety of background squares, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabrics, especially the light prints. I think I might still have some of those fabrics! Great pattern, congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish Maggie. I really like the block design. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This block looks beautiful on point. Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much movement in that block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Sugar Mountain quilt is a gorgeous finish. I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely! Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete