Saturday, August 17, 2019

pink star

Great news, my hubby took me to Joann yesterday. I am 5 weeks out from surgery, so I haven't been in some time. I didn't make it all the way through a shopping visit, but I got my feet wet. They had an extra 30% off their fabric clearance, and another 10% if I finish the bolt. I picked 2, and then, hubby told them all of it, and stood in line to pay while I went and sat in the car. It was so fun. And ice cream afterwards, too.
I am still a little behind in sewing my projects for the rainbow scrap challenge. The pink is from July and the color for August is bright blue.


And, finally, all 100 garden party blocks have been sewn. It's time to sew the chaining blocks that will be the alternate blocks. I am doing them in black and white.



I am linking to:
lots of blue inspiration at
rsc19 super saturday

10 comments:

  1. Glad you felt good enough to get out of the house and visit a fabric store! How big is your Garden Party going to be? I want to make this one but need to finish up other projects first, hopefully the start will happen this winter. Happy Stitching but don't over do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bet it was nice to get out - you will get your energy back soon I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those scrappy stars of yours! I'm tempted to make some of those, too. The Garden Party blocks make a neat design with the alternate blocks. I just saw that Bonnie was teaching that quilt in a workshop the other day - they are pretty quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a successful outing and completing the last of the blocks for your Garden Party quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got a trip to pet some fabric and ice cream after! Pretty blocks. Take it easy... the fabric is patient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got in a sewing shopping trip. Sounds like your Guy is definitely a keeper. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You whipped up those Garden Party blocks in a flash. Can't wait to see the blocks come together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this beautiful pink star! I'm so glad you were able to get out and about. It makes all the difference after being laid up for a while. I hope you continue feeling well enough to continue your outings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Garden Blocks are going to make an amazing quilt. Can't wait to see them lining up with the black & white linking blocks. Fresh air AND ice cream? Doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are fun. And an outing to the fabric store will help you heal faster.

    ReplyDelete