Thursday, August 15, 2019

shoofly

Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville has announced this year's new leader/ender challenge. If I make the small
4 1/2 inch size, I have a box of bonus hsts that were supposed to be 2 inches but are not. This would be a great place to use them, but, I would have to trim them down to 1 1/2 inches hmmmmm is it worth the effort.


I would also want the 4 hsts to match


The rest of the block was cute and easy to make.





I am not thinking this is the way I want to make them, trimming was a bother. It uses up odd stuff, but takes too much energy. I didn't have that many that matched. Next, I will try cutting and sewing the hsts to see if I like that better.

I am linking to:




8 comments:

  1. sometimes it is hard to use up the old pieces that you have to trim first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! Thank you so much for linking up today. I can see why you'd be on the fence about all the trimming. On one hand, it's nice to use up all of those scraps. But on the other hand, if it's making more work for you via trimming and searching for matching pieces . . . well, you'll have to decide which is better for you. Maybe those mismatched HSTs are begging for a different project. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the work involved in making these is incredible. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shoo fly blocks are well done! I understand your thoughts on trimming. Thank you so much for sharing your thought process though. I so love learning how others work through their quilting projects. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun shoo fly blocks! The 1.5" HSTs would make for small blocks, but you could use up a lot of scraps with those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you on starting another project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fun, except the trimming. The trimming is not trivial, but it depends how much pleasure you get from using up the scraps. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

    ReplyDelete