Saturday, June 1, 2019

orange letters

I just barely finished these in May for the rainbow scrap challenge, just in time to squeak into a blue month. I am usually done and ready for a new color a week ahead, and, then drumming my fingers for the new month. Not May, I have really been surprised it is a new month. I ran out of scraps and had to cut a little bit of yardage. These are the orange letters I need for a quote quilt.




I am still cleaning out bags and buckets. If I don't know where to put them I am taking the time to deal with them. I found this extra block, in pieces, that I didn't use in a finished quilt. So, I made an orphan block. What can I say, it was fun to make a block. And I have a box for orphan blocks, but not almost orphan blocks.



I am linking:

lots of orange inspiration at:
rsc19 super saturday


8 comments:

  1. Running out of scraps?! I can't BEGIN to know what that might feel like. Lucky that you had some yardage available to finish your ORANGE letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a fun rainbow of letters! I like your orphan block, too - any plans for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job getting your oranges done. I only managed 1 incomplete orange block this month...But I've got blue galore so bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice letters. I'm often thinking of making more letters. Maybe they should be blue for June?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun letters! Isn’t it strange how the months fly by? I wonder if keeping track of our year by the RSC schedule makes time go even faster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love finding orphan blocks. I have a tin for them all and hopefully will make a kitchen sink quilt with them all. Fun fun. Love your letters. I dont think i will live long enough to run out of scraps lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about May slipping on by...nice letters! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete