Tuesday, June 4, 2019

template fun

I grabbed a few spikey pieces to sew together using the bloc loc templates. They are small and will finish at 2 1/2 inches square. They are very cute and easy to do. I cut mine from small leftover scrap pieces. I need to cut the other pieces I need so that I can see a star together.


Usually, I avoid trimming down, if I can, but, with this template it is easy and I end up with a perfect block.

I used the florabunda blocks as leader/ender  as I was sewing. I made three from this floral fabric.



I am linking to:


chameleon color linky

Oh scrap

5 comments:

  1. I rather trim down then not have the piece large enough which happens frequently for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! I have some Bloc-Loc rulers but didn't know they made cute little templates as well. Those look like fun to work with. I can see a bigger block made with them alternating with a plain piece, in a nine-patch layout. That would look so cute. Love your leader/ender piecing project. It seems they get finished in no time that way. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to invest in those loc blocs, esp the flying geese ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete