Wednesday, March 6, 2019

classic double wedding ring

One block at a time, I am building rows for my double wedding ring quilt. It is tricky getting the curves facing the right direction.

The outside rows require a finished curved edge. It is easiest if there are 3 melons on the center piece. But, the row goes together in an every other pattern. This is the last block for the the right bottom outside corner. Now, I have to start putting rows together. I started this with Jo of Jo's country junction quilt along. I was pleasantly surprised how much easier it is to make than it looks. There is a lot of sewing of small pieces, millions, I am sure.



The start of my quilt here and here and here

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap
confessions of a fabric addict

6 comments:

  1. This is not an easy project. Go easy on yourself. I am sure that the final result will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is coming along nicely!
    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is looking so good! I just love your scraps with the navy blue - great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think some think a DWR is harder to make then they actually are - I have made two of them over the years and really like them - love the colors you are using

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really gorgeous and makes me think of my unfinished project in my cupboard. Well done.

    ReplyDelete