Monday, December 18, 2017

Stash report and mysteries


 I finished with clue # 3 of On ringo Lake mystery quilt. I just used the sew and flip method, But I made sure to count and keep the right and left pieces separate. Knowing me, I would have just kept going past the number I needed. This helped me make sure I made the change. There is a link up on Bonnie Hunter's quiltville blog to see everyone's progress.


I bought these fat quarters during a sale on craftsy. They are aged muslin. They look almost brushed. I don't have a plan for them, I just loved them and they were on sale.:)


I had a chance to do some string piecing. Jo's country junction is having a weekly challenge to work on finishing the quilts in the book string fling by Bonnie Hunter. The quiltville book I have nearly all the quilts started or finished is scraps and shirttails not string fling. I too was hoping to do all the quilts from one book. so for my reckoning in scraps and shirttails...

Virginia Bound is done, used on our bed until I put Grand Illusion on our bed.
Cactus patch  is a top waiting for it's turn on the quilt frame
Star gazing is a top waiting to be quilted
Carolina Crossroads  was started as the first mystery and just needs borders
Hand me downs- nothing
nifty thrifty - nothing
Swing your partner - I have the fabric pulled
bargain basement is a top waiting for the quilting
shirtails - I have a few of the triangles set aside
bargello in plaid - I have been cutting the strips
perkiomen dreams  and denim rails - I don't think I will make but who knows.

I will have to check on what I have done in string fling next week.

In the spirit of strings,  I like to treadle my string piecing on my singer treadle on Saturdays while my hubby and I watch TV.  I am making narrow string strips for a quilt that uses these as inserts.


 I still need more piano key strings for a border.


 and I just made some slabs when I didn't like the strips for either of the other projects.


I have cleaned out some fabric, I knew I wouldn't use, which has helped me improve my numbers.
I hope to use more than added this year even if it is by fractions.

Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 34 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 388 1/2 yards


Fabric Added this Week: 6 1/2  yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 369 3/4 yards


Net Fabric for 2017: 18 3/4 yards used more than added.

I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar


boms away   link in sidebar

and there is a mystery link up at Quiltville





4 comments:

  1. Maggie, you have done a lot of quilting this year! Kudos on being in the positive for using more than you took in. It makes me wonder what kind of numbers move through my quilting during a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking your mystery units so far, and the bold colors of your string blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought that bundle from craftsy too :) no plans for it but just love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done really well with making quilts out of one of Bonnie's books. That would be a good goal to use up some of my scrappy stash. Great stash busting this year too! Hope your holiday season has been fun and family filled.

    ReplyDelete