Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Another clue

note
These are the pieces I am using for clue 4 of the On ringo lake mystery quilt found here at quiltville.



This time I used a 50/50 mix of starch and water. I soaked them and then hung them to dry. They were like cardboard LOL. I think the solution was a little too hard so next time I will try 60 water/40 starch.


I do like using starch. These pieces weren't going anywhere. When I used the accuquilt, they didn't even stick to the plastic cutting sheet.


Once I put the pieces together, they did not budge. Not even a pressure foot could  move them. So they were the best pieces I could have sewn.



Jo at Jos country junction has a string fling challenge. Last week I talked about scraps and shirttails and how close I am to finishing all the quilts from that book. This week I have checked with my string fling book.

blue skies- string units are done
jamestown landing is ready to quilt
orca bay - string units are finished
pfefferneuase - string units are finished and the other unists are cut
roll roll cotton boll - all the piecing is done-needs assembling
wild child is a completed quilt
zuckerwattwe-- string units are finished

daylillies, pineapple crazy, santa fe star, talkin turkey, tulip fields are not even started

I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar


boms away   link in sidebar

and there is a mystery link up at Quiltville


5 comments:

  1. Your units look great! I really love that polka dot fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing all the quilts in a book is an amazing challenge--not sure I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy there have been 'No Strings' in our Mystery so far this year. What an accomplishment to do All the quilts in a Quiltville book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a great start on that last clue. Hmmm, I like your idea of working through all of the quilts in Bonnie's books. I have a scrap problem, maybe that would help reduce the magnitude of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your link to the Show and Tell Monday. Now a new exciting sewing is waiting in 2018. Hug Bambi

    ReplyDelete