Tuesday, January 22, 2019

crazy template

I have all the blocks cut for the scrappy twirl quilt I am making using scrap crazy 6 template.
Here is where I started. It seemed to take forever to cut them and I was glad when I was finished, except now I keep seeing other floral scraps, and think it would look good in the quilt. I need to make this one before I start another one. As far as I can tell, it will have to be pieced in rows. I have several quilts in the process, I don't know, yet, if I will even attempt to put this together.


I have another bucket of flannel to sort. I like the bright fruit loops piece and hope to find enough to make something fun. Flannel is the most discarded fabric at goodwill. So I have bits and pieces. I hope to find enough that go together to make donation quilts. Last year, I worked on Christmas fabric all year long, this year I am going through the flannel.


I am linking to:


too cute tuesday

chameleon color linky

Oh scrap

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your scrappy twirl quilt. I didn't know that flannel was the most discarded fabric at Goodwill. It makes such great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrappy swirl quilt is going to be bright! I noticed the Erika's bag peeking out behind the flannel pieces. I have a few of those too around the house. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some very pretty floral scraps in that pile. Looking forward to seeing those blocks come together and seeing what you come up with to use all that flannel. Seems wise to spend a year tackling one category of scraps. Did you make a dent in the Christmas scraps doing that last year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flannel for the back of quilts, although it makes them a little harder to freemotion because of the increased drag. But the end result is worth it. I can't imagine sending flannel to goodwill!

    ReplyDelete