Wednesday, January 30, 2019

bargain basement

Oh my! We have -17 degrees in Indiana today with a strong wind. I don't think we are going anywhere. Good day for quilting, and hot chocolate.

The last time I blogged about Bargain basement, I had gotten this far. I still had not decided on borders. I blogged about it here in June of 2017. I had added borders eventually, but I don't have a record of that.
 One morning last week, I was waking and wondering what to do for a project that day. And, even though I have a gazillion in process projects, I thought of this quilt waiting to be quilted, and was excited enough to put it on the longarm. I think I was just tired of all the other projects and needed an almost quick finish.


I am just free motion quilting all over big swirls in red thread. It is all shirts and from the Bonnie Hunter book scraps and shirttails. I liked the pattern. Basically, if you have any 3.5 inch squares from other projects, they can combine with the 3.5 rectangles. And it makes it interesting. There were pinwheels and 4 patches and hourglasses, oh my.


I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap

5 comments:

  1. I love that quilt it is beautiful!! Keep Warm today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love your quilt!
    stay warm!
    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, pulling out Bargain Basement to finish it after all this time! It's a cozy-looking quilt, perfect for this wintry weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a very cozy quilt - well done!

    ReplyDelete