Sunday, September 9, 2018

stash report September 9, 2018

I haven't done a stash report in awhile, mostly because too much fabric has come in again. It must have noticed a small space opened up from donating, and wanted to fill in the empty space. Never mind the space was the size of a quarter.

My goodwill has started making bundles of fabric which makes it easier for me, I don't have to scour the linens and bedding for what might be the only piece of fabric in the store.
This week I found a homespun bundle. When I decide whether I want it, I mentally decide if it is worth the price if I re-donate the ones I don't want. I still love homespun even if it is not "in style" right now.  I have plans to make applique towels, so I also bought the blue towel.


I kept every piece. The top piece was also a towel- bonus. There was about 5 yards of fabric. I paid $3.00 for the bundle.


stash report

Fabric Used this Week 1 yard
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 752 1/2 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 5 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 159 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 593 1/4 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min every day this week - treadling string blocks

As I was deciding on borders for snow days, I discovered a missing patch of stitching I will work on today for slow Sunday stitching.



I am linking to:


sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

10 comments:

  1. Good thing that you caught the missing stitches. Have fun finishing off that section today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our goodwill doesn't get fabric in very often. Must be too many quilters around here. LOL That was a good batch of homespuns. I need to pull some for pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a great bargain. Homespun is never out of style in my sewing world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine that 5 yards took up the space of 500. You definitely have room to add things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stitchery you're working on! Kinda perfect for my day (which is grey and a little rainy). Enjoy stitching away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice find and bargain for those fabrics, enjoy stitching that wayward patch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great price! Your numbers look fabulous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your numbers are out of this world! Great finds there - our Goodwill doesn't sell yardage. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even with the added fabric, that's pretty impressive numbers on the going out side!

    ReplyDelete