Wednesday, November 2, 2022

One monthly goal frolic

I left frolic as a top in 2020. It required a border decision. I want to finish it for my November one monthly goal. Especially if, I want to make the new quiltville mystery, Chilhowie. I have all 18 of them made until this one, and grassy creek as a top, and rhododendron almost a top. I have a page at the top of the blog with pictures in order. I am not going to add another border. It is time to move it along.


 I was gifted 2 big bags of scraps from someone who has not been converted to the dark side of scrappy quilts, yet. It was full of treasures and a bit of bits too small even for me. They weighed 18 1/2 pounds which is close to 54 yards of fabric. It took a week to iron one of the bags and sort. I cut a few before a bum thumb, but, I could iron with the other hand. I find pleasure sorting through someone else's scraps, even though, I don't need any more than I already have, hiding in cracks and crevices of my own stash.
Maybe, I should eliminate 54 yards from my stash to make room. LOL The time will come, but, not yet.


8 comments:

  1. Frolic looks beautiful just as is!!! Wow, You've made all of her mystery quilts?!! That amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a very fun and festive quilt!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a lot of scraps! Such a win-fall. Frolic is gorgeous and deserves it's finish. Great goal for November! Thanks for sharing on the 300th Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frolic was a fun mystery. Good luck finishing your version up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's lovely. Best of luck for finishing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great score. Frolic looks like it was fun. I wasn't doing mystery quilts back then so I missed it.

    ReplyDelete