Sunday, October 9, 2022

stash report: October 9, 2022

I bought muslin for my shirt quilts and a fun jelly roll of stripes in bright colors. I know I have muslin somewhere in my stash, but I can't find it. Where does it go.



Stash report October 9, 2022

fabric added: 8 yards
fabric added year to date: 113.5 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards  

fabric used year to date: 175 3/4 yards  

66.25 yards used more than bought. 

It is border time on my witchy rug: spellbound. I dyed a bit of wool in orangey/gold. I also set a binding strip around the edges so I can hook up right to it. Most of the hookers in my guild, like to roll the edges, and, wrap wool yarn around the roll. I find it tedious, so, I use a binding made of wool. It does get a bit unwieldy in the corners, but, I can then just hand sew it to the back and be done with it.

I sewed 1 day last week. Instead of Friday group, we went to a quilt show in Indy. I bought a bag of fabric there, that I haven't gone through, yet. We saw this one on the way to the restroom, so it was the first picture. We were on a mission.

I am linking to:

5 comments:

  1. I have the same problem, know I have a certain yardage --- some where, but can't find it. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like stripey fabrics for borders. I am not sure I would love them as strips. I like that idea for edging your witch rug. I can't wait to see the finished rug. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do things in whatever way works best for you. You do a good job of working on your rugs consistently. Do you find it calming? I feel that way about stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The binding strip seems to be a great method, and it looks like it's close to a finish! I love colors of the new jelly roll.
    Thanks for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see Spellbound finished... the edge/end is near!

    ReplyDelete