Friday, October 21, 2022

blue ridge beauty finish

blue ridge beauty is finally a completed quilt. I have tried all year to make this a priority in finishing this huge quilt. It took several days to free motion swirls on my longarm. Binding was delayed because my trusty older bernina that I use for binding, stopped working, and, hubby had to spend a couple of days to uncover the problem. I knew he could do it, and, he did. I made blue ridge beauty my one monthly goal for October...again. And this is my 12th ufo finish for PHD 2022.

98x107

27 yards


It has some great old fabrics and shirts in it, and, was definitely from a time when my piecing was still getting better. But, it is a soothing, lovely quilt that will live on my bed for a long time.

This is a Bonnie Hunter quilt called blue ridge beauty from her book adventures with leader and enders. I took a class with Bonnie Hunter in 2014-2015 in Indiana

I am linking to:

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful finish. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Ridge Beauty is a beauty, Maggie! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize the quilt would be that big. You did a great job. Congratulations on your finish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful! Enjoy sleeping with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful quilt. I am particularly fond of blue and white quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous! There's so much movement in it from all the various fabrics. Congratulations on getting it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely scrappy finish. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful!! I've had this project on my wish list to make since getting the book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful FInish!! Love that color combination!! thanks for sharing at Finished (or not) Friday!

    ReplyDelete