Thursday, December 10, 2020

waffle blocks

As I am making postage stamp blocks, I am playing around with these cute little waffle blocks. They are trimmed to 5 1/2 and take 10 - 1 1 /2 inch squares. I found them to be very fun and addictive.


I decided I would sit and cut a bunch  of 1 1/2 inch strips for the framework. It takes 16 1/2 - 17 inch strip to cut a matching set. I was able to cut 106 sets in one evening. It helps that I have 1 1/2 inch strips already cut. I threw the leftovers back into the drawer, but, it would have been smart to have a plan for the leftovers.


I am linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Cut 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 of 3 1/3 for rail fence or sew end to end like a race quilt. Then cut to 10 1/2 inches. Sew 10 strips side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are in the running for my 2021 RSC project. Your s are looking SEW good, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These do look like so much fun! Pinning!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete