Monday, December 7, 2020

grassy creek mystery

We had a sew day, Saturday, and, I took grassy creek mystery quilt clue #1 as a project. I had 1/2 of the sets cut, and, I cut the rest while I was there. I managed to get them all sewn. I didn't trim them until I was home in the evening. I pressed them, and counted them, and was short a couple of sets. I have them done now. May I say, again, as I did last year, I don't like the matchy matchy way of making a scrappy quilt.



I had shopped for a good gold or two before beginning and didn't find any I liked. So, I turned to my stash, and found several smaller pieces. I thought I didn't have gold. Happy surprise.
Everyone had great projects at sew day.
Moda blocks



hexagon table toppers for Christmas




start of a donation quilt

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun sew day with your friends. It's surprising what we have in our stash that we've forgotten about, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The projects are all so lovely. I am holding the clues to Grassy as I am not sure of the color placement since I am not using gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty gold and gray HSTs. I love the shimmering effect we get in a quilt that is truly scrappy and not match-controlled.

    ReplyDelete