Tuesday, July 30, 2019

En Provence finish

Despite throwing back surgery into the month of July, I did finish my goals for the month. August will be a different story, I am sure. Unless, watching tv can be a goal.
I finished En Provence mystery quilt to the point of hand sewing the binding before surgery, and I have slowly worked on that while in the recliner. En Provence was 2016 mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. I have on Ringo lake and good fortune to finish yet. I had already finished en provence in the quiltville colors. I did two of them, this one using civil war reproduction fabrics. Don't forget to check the mystery quilt page at the top of the blog to see all I have finished in the mystery challenge.



The sun was too bright to get the colors right. This is a better photo of  the colors.


I finished Allietare earlier in the month.


and, I am current with the rainbow projects for July. Our swap group has been very diligent in meeting our commitments each month, and I love the blocks I am receiving.


I sneak upstairs every day for a bit sewing machine time. I don't get much sewn, because, I am  still tired, but I like the distraction.
This is also part of the 2019 finish along.
My list for the 3rd quarter:
1.wiggle time finished
2. allietare finished
4. sweet land of liberty
5. unicorn
6. good fortune finished
7. crazy 6
8. countryside cottage
9. sugar mountain finished
10.En provence finished
11. melba applique
12.on ringo lake finished
13. scrappy twirl
14. soul searching

I am linking to:


chameleon color linky


I am linking to:

13 comments:

  1. En Provence is wonderful. Love those fabrics. And I hope you have a smooth, speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors on this one En Provence - I don't have the instructions for any of the old ones saved and I would need to see if they are in any of the books that I have - I have thought of doing another some day - it did use up some scraps for sure when I made Good Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie! Great job finishing this huge piece. I hope you are taking it easy and being kind to yourself while you recover. The healing process takes a long time and it takes a lot out of you. {{Hugs}} . ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular finish! I can't believe you made 2 of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! It is gorgeous!!! I think both of these are my favorites. I must put them on my some day list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your BH quilts are lovely. I haven't seen too many versions that I haven't liked. Glad you're able to escape a bit to your sewing space. Just petting the fabric makes one feel better. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you feel well enough to sneak some sewing in. Beautiful quilts. Love those last blocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Maggie, En Provence is a showstopper. Beautiful colors. Congrats on finishing your Allietare too, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colours, it's a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this version of En Provence! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a very pretty finish. Hope your recovery is on track and you are soon back at the sewing machine a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on a beautiful finish! On behalf of the 2019 FAL hosts, thank you so much for playing along with us this quarter!

    ReplyDelete