Wednesday, March 7, 2018

motel sewing

I had a sweet set up in the motel in Buffalo New York. There was this perfect table near a great lamp. And the room had it's own iron and ironing board. And, yes, I took my Grand Illusion quilt to sleep under. I really love to sleep under a real quilt.

After a long day and intense conversations, it was exactly what I needed to sit and work on Snow Days. I had the whole bed, too, to spread out the rows as I was assembling them.


As I would piece for it's stitchery, I would soak the block in the little sink to remove the transfer eze.


I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



6 comments:

  1. I have never thought about taking my machine. Wonder if I should take my machine on the cruise I am going on? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to take your own quilt to sleep under. I think I'll do that at the next quilt retreat I attend. Your Snow Days is making progress. I've looked at the pattern several times but haven't purchased it yet. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie,
    It looks like the perfect set up for a relaxing evening of sewing after a long day. It looks so wonderful to have your quilt welcoming you back to the room after that long day, too!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my best quilt show memories are of spending the evening time sewing in a hotel, all by myself! And love it when they supply the ironing board, and sometimes iron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My rule of thumb is 2 or more nights in a motel, it is worth packing a machine. Love seeing others use hotel time to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I ****love**** that you took your Grand Illusions along!!!

    ReplyDelete