Thursday, December 8, 2016

Something new

As a rug hooker, a project can take awhile to finish. And with wool often 35.00 a yard, I can't see starting too many projects at once in case they languish or don't finish. It's an investment, and I need to see it through. I can't just run to the wool store for a quick fix either ( like quilting), so it takes planning ahead. I bought this pattern for a carpet bag 2 years ago from Merry hooker woolens. I took a year to pick up pieces of wool and/or dye some. And now that my Christmas rug is finished, pressed, and waiting for the cleaning up stage, I can start this wonderful project.


The linen is great for working. I am using a size 5 strip and maybe a size 4 in the smaller places. I needed to topstitch the bag bottom and tops to linen, so that I can hook right to the edge.
The green was a part of a bundle that looked like Easter eggs. The purple is a pair of pants I found at Goodwill. I love the bits of pink.

I have been working on the Christmas rug for most of the year, so it is always fun to start something new.

I am linking to:
Fabric, Thread, and yarn
Oh Scrap
Needle and Thread Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment