Sunday, December 4, 2016

I have a fabric acquiring problem

5 jelly rolls and a couple of charm packs came to my house to play. Stupid black Friday deals

Wouldn't that be terrible?


My slow stitching today will be to hand stitch the binding on my Christmas Rug. I am trying a new technique called the Eaton Edge. I think I will really like it. I wish I had decided to do it before I finished hooking the background. It would have been easier to sew the binding and hook the last row before I worked on the border. This has been a bigger rug and I am considering a bigger frame for hooking, more like a quilt frame.







 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week:  3 1/2 yards

Fabric Used year to Date: 54 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 253 3/4 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 567 1/2 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 518 3/4  yards in the hole

and I think I need to add shirts I buy to take apart for fabric. I added 3
for total of 22



I am linking to:
Patchwork Times
Slow Sunday Stitching
Sunday Stash




7 comments:

  1. Is the plaid the binding? It's very pretty!
    Enjoy finishing your rug!
    Thanks for sharing with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! The black Friday sales sucked us all in! You picked up some great fabrics though.

    mindingmomma.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a typo? 403 yards added THIS WEEK?! If so, I'm going to show my husband this post ;-). Love all your acquisitions in the pics ... I'd let you shop for me, but NOT with my credit card, strictly a cash allownace -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rug looks amazing! Love your jelly rolls especially the moda spots! Look forward to seeing these made up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, you brought home some great new fabrics. It's a good think there is only 1 Black Friday per year, right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree stupid black friday sales!! I did it too, LOL But you got some gorgeous fabrics:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty acquisitions. Those black Friday deals were hard to resist. But you've got lots of fun stash to play with now. I've had a few acquisition years like yours and I just look on those as my "retirement stash savings plan".

    ReplyDelete