Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lost and Found

I started this quilt probably 4 years ago for my youngest son. And He hasn't forgotten for a minute that I haven't finished it. Earlier this year, I lost it. It was evidently buried in some wayward pile of UFOs. But, for Christmas, He said that is what He wants.  I procrastinated in the first place, because I wanted to make it weighted, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it properly. But, I just need to finish it for him and be done with it. So I dug, and dug, and found it. Now it is time to add the last border.
He helped me lay it out. He is 6'4" so we made it long, but it isn't wide enough. I think I have found something that will match the scrappiness of the quilt but still look nice and masculine. He loves the red centers for the heart of the home. Funny, what He will be sentimental about sometimes. I can be certain He will make a big deal of it when He gets it, which is always appreciated. I think I will have fun with the back and put weird things on it for him. Time is running short, so glad I finally found it.
I am linking to:
Oh scrap
needle and thread

1 comment: