Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Progress here and there

The good news: all 41 blocks for my chunky churn dash quilt are done. Bad news: They are very scrappy and I can't see what will go with them in the alternate hourglass blocks. Bonnie Hunter uses a navy. I will have to ponder and play to decide. But I can feel that I am ready to send them to ufo paradise for a vacation. We'll see. This is a free pattern here.
This really uses a lot of 1 1/2 inch strips and 2 1/2 inch squares from the scrap bins. Super easy, so that I could take it to small sewing groups and still talk and enjoy the company. Anything too complicated, and I make mistakes with all the conviviality.


In my ready to quilt closet, I found Sisters Nine Patch ( also a Bonnie Hunter pattern from Adventures in leaders and enders), and was surprised to find that it had snuck in there for a bit of a vacation, since it has no borders, only fabric for borders. How did it slip by me? I wondered why it had a big piece of fabric in with binding, hmmm, too small for binding?  hmm... oh wait not finished. Rascally quilt.
But, then, sometimes when I am tired......
I am picking out a row of this quilt because it is set on point and I sewed the longest center row upside down. It becomes obvious when the outside edge has a funky angle.

My tumbler quilt has one more section to attach and then the top will be ready for borders or finishing.
I am linking to:
Jo's Country Junction UFO challenge
she has a great quilt to show today

and Esthers blog - she is making a wedding dress
 WOW

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have many irons in the fire! Maybe a black & white hourglass block would work for the chunky churndash. I like how your quilt went on vacation, I have some that end up doing that for while.

    ReplyDelete