Wednesday, December 29, 2021

top five posts of the year 2021

 Cheryl has an interesting idea for looking back at 2021 and to share what we think are our best 5 blog posts for the year.


1. baby snoopy 5 /21

baby snoopy has the most views. My thanks to cynthia at quilting is more fun than housework for the pattern. I've made 3 and each one turns out great.
This was a rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. My thanks to Angela for the inspiration of the challenge. 

3.Aunt Elizas star 7/31/21

Aunt Eliza's star is a classic block that I made with strings and crumbs. My thanks to Bonnie Hunter for the inspiration. I pieced the blocks on a trip to Florida.

4. bricks in the barnyard this one isn't even finished yet. It is a Bonnie Hunter pattern and an old ufo I have ready to be quilted.

5. ode to joey 9/5/21

This was the most personal quilt I have made. I had fun making the words as part of the  rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. But, the message helped me deal with a family loss and grieving. My thanks to an unknown quilter in Utah for the inspiration.

It is fun to look back over the last year and see that despite the long list of ufos I did actually make something haha.

My thanks to Cheryl of Meadow mist for the inspiration 

best of 21 linky party

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

15 comments:

  1. Those are all amazing!! and kinda fun to look back on right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Elizas star is just wonderful, Maggie !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished some beautiful quilts this year, Maggie! I enjoyed seeing your top five. Every time I see your Wiggletime quilt, it reminds me that I have that pattern and want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful finishes this year. My favorite is that star quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great (and meaningful) finishes. All the best for a creative 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilts, particularly like the Bonnie Hunter one...so scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a productive year, congrats on all of the wonderful finishes! Thanks for linking up and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and love the scrappiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's to another year of top 5s, 10s and 20s! Gosh, I don't remember that Aunt Eliza. That has to be my fav of he five. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some delightful finishes! I love your rainbow Irish Chain quilt, it looks like quite a large one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous year of tops and quilts, Maggie! Wishing you more of the same in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all such beautiful quilts, Maggie. Especially your Ode to Joey. There is something about crafting the letters out of fabric that makes a message stronger and powerful than it is when you just write it out on mere paper. I am looking forward to seeing what you'll create in 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All are beautiful. It was great fun to see some of them again. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely finishes to sum up 2021. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilts and definitely top five! Love the scrappiness of each. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete