Saturday, June 4, 2022

blue candy blocks


I did get the blue candy blocks finished this week for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. This time, I had many more choices of scraps to build these blocks. I have more blue and red scraps than any other color. I was able to go to my Friday group and I did make some progress. It was good to sew again. I think I am ready to tackle blue this month.


I have been canning butter as ghee. While I was at goodwill, trying to dig up some pint canning jars, I started talking to another women and she was telling me she had 100 pounds of butter canned. I felt inadequate. My goal was 12 pounds.

9 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!! are you making them in all the colors for a candy dish quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candy blocks are so cute. I like how you pieced scraps together! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 pounds of butter! Wow, I go through butter a lot but man that is quite a bit. Love your blue candies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canning butter? Interesting! Congrats on getting those BLUE Candy blocks done, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those candy blocks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blue candy blocks are sure fun! A great way to use crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are super sweet. 100 pounds is a lot of buttery deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew there were competitive butter canners. Although I did my share of canning years ago, I never heard of canning butter. Thanks for introducing me to concept. Your blue scrap candies make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these candy blocks! They'll be so pretty together with the others in a quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait LOss.

    ReplyDelete