Friday, June 17, 2022

maple leaves

I am ready for the last row for this quilt. I have a hodge podge of blocks that I want to sew, making sure the mix is what I want. This is one of my 5 quilts projects, but, I am tired of seeing it on the list.


I had hoped to make 10 rows, but the last row would all be aqua. sigh...

I made it to this point this week


I canned saurkraut the old fashioned way this week.  I found the idea on whipperwill holler youtube. They won't be ready for 4 - 6 weeks. We will see if this works. I ferment saurkraut 3 -4 times a year. But it is not shelf stable. Hopefully, I will know by the time my cabbage in the garden is ready.

5 comments:

  1. your maple leaf quilt will be finished soon and it's a beauty! Good luck with the canning...hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your maple leaves look wonderful, and I hope that the excitement of making it to the last row of blocks carries you through to see it finished soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt flimsy is very pretty. I used to can sauerkraut. We all like my home canned kraut so much better than the boughten kind. My kraut was less salty but it still fermented. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie! Oh, that sauerkraut looks delicious. Makes me long for a good Ruben sandwich. I'm sorry you are tired of your Maple Leaves quilt top. You have NINE rows done - surely you have enough in you to make one more row?!! You can do it, and you'll be happy you do in the end. Maybe set it aside for a day or two - let it think about itself for a bit and then your motivation will return. {{Hugs}} a bunch! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the maple leaf block! And your sauerkraut reminds me of when my mom and grandmother used to make it. They let it ferment in a churn first and then canned it! Good memories. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete