Saturday, June 12, 2021

retreat top

We had a sleep in your own bed retreat yesterday and will have one today. My main project to work on was my ode to Joey quilt. I worked on piecing the rows and joining the rows. I plan on using it as a visual aid for Church class on Sunday. I made the words according to the color of the month for rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. It is a rectangle the wrong way, so, I need to figure out what I want to do for the top and bottom.

someone was taking pictures 



I have 3 quilts left to work on today while I play at quilting. The food was great as a pitch in. The company was fun and there was a free table. what's not to love.

I am linking to:

My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

color blocks quilt along

crumb stars

purple Ufos

zuckerwatte finished

red ufos

aunt Eliza star

blue ufos

floating stars and here and here - finished

green ufos

Christmas sparkle and here

epp stars

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here - finished

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases - finished

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here finished

8 comments:

  1. That is an amazing accomplishment! Looks like you were working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came together well, Maggie. SEW glad to finally see what you were up to! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The letters are amazing! Love the colors, and the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun retreat, good company, good food, and your own comfy bed at night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I had a sleep-in-your-own-bed retreat last Friday & Saturday also! Love your biblical quilt. You did a fabulous job on the lettering and the colors are gorgeous! Great couple of days for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. So frustrating when you have a great design and have to go back to the drawing board to add borders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered what you were planning to say with all those letters, Maggie! What a great use of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

    ReplyDelete