Thursday, June 10, 2021

zuckerwatte quilt finish

I have a finish -bonnie Hunter quilt zuckerwatte from her book string fling. It is a smaller quilt than I thought when I started it. It is about 58 x 70. I started working on this ufo in January at a retreat, I had started at the beginning of January with only string blocks made. I made the string blocks in June 2017. I cut a gazillion  HSTS - (half square triangles)... sewed a bunch together, and made  rows. and blocks. It is really pretty in person.



I used a plain pink sheet for the backing that I had in my stash. The pattern says there is 14 yards of fabric in the quilt. and all of it came from scraps except the border which I had in my stash.


This is my goal for June for one monthly goal at elm street quilts. I pulled this ufo out in January for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy and the color pink, and, I am finishing it in June for the color purple. How fun to have another UFO out of the closet and another quilt to be quilted off the list., and some of the smallest pieces are gone from the string bin.

15 comments:

  1. That turned out so beautifully, Maggie! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt. I love the soft colors you used with some bright pops. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, all those scraps work so well together. I'm always intimidated by the number of small pieces in Bonnie Hunter quilts...maybe one day I'll be brave and try one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a beautiful quilt. So many pieces! So yummy pink! If I remember correctly, zuckerwatte means candy floss or cotton candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I love it!! Wonder where that name came from? ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is really really really gorgeous!!! I love how pretty the colors go together and the scrappiness of it - Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a super sweet scrappy finish, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a beautiful finish, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty quilt! Congrats on another UFO finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty quilt and I agree that it is fun to have a UFO out of the closet and finished with the additional benefit of having the "strings" reduced too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on a great finish. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness it's Finished Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty in person? Well, it's pretty darn pretty on the blog too! Congratulations on the finish and it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete