Tuesday, June 15, 2021

falling charms



I sewed the rows at retreat, but after joining several rows, I realized I had turned a block wrong. That is when I stopped for the weekend on this project. I came home and took the row apart and resewed it.  I still have 3 rows to add to the top. Once one block is wrong, the rest of the row is based on the wrong one and the whole row has to be redone. The fabric is really wild and beautiful, and, this is not like anything I have ever done. I was a missourri star kit. They buy the fabric squares from free trade organization.

Ubushobozi

Ubushobozi Project is a non-profit, vocational skills training organization founded by Jeanne Siporin, Alan Siporin and Laura Boyea in September 2008 in Musanze, Rwanda, Africa. Through education and skills training (sewing, weaving, crocheting and more) Ubushobozi seeks to end the cycle of poverty our girls have experienced throughout their young lives. 

I am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Awesome quilt...love all those colorful pieces
    of fabric. The black really shows them off. Have
    a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful pattern and fun bright colors, too! It sounds like a great organization to support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Falling Charms is fabulous! And a great organization to support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about that in their BLOCK magazine. The fabrics would be very different for me, too, but they are pretty. Fun to play with something out of our zone sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you ran into that problem on retreat! Good thing it was easily sorted after you got home. You've got the makings of something wonderful here. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete