Sunday, January 2, 2022

stash report january 2, 2022

 Last year I accumulated 173 yards of fabric - which had to weigh 519 pounds. No wonder my house is creaking. If each quilt averaged 20 yards that is 8 1/2 quilts. I used 233 1/2 yards in my quilt making. In my mind I pick up a little here and there, not almost 200 yards. If I say I won't buy any over 100 yards this year. what will I do if I buy all of that in January. That leaves 11 months of no fabric.

fabric I cut from gifted fabric

I need to tame my scraps better this year and try not to buy much at all. My weakness is the "great" deal so now, I own a great deal of fabric sigh.....
should I still take free scraps? probably not, but I bet I can't resist. 
It's good to start all over at the beginning of the year.

stash report January 2, 2022

Fabric Used this week: 0 yards

Fabric Used year to Date: 0 yards

Fabric Added this week: 0 yards 
Fabric Added Year to Date: 0 yards

net fabric: 0 yards used more than bought

 I stitched at least 15 minutes 2 days this week. We have been sick since before Christmas

 Once the friendsheep exchange began in my rug hooking guild, we have been passing them around pretty quickly.I have Vivian's rug to work on today. I haven't done anything on Vivians rug, but I don't expect to either today. I will have to join in next week, I hope

vivians rug


I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Haha, starting all over at the beginning of the year is a good way to hide too much fabric ;) Cute little sheeps, I love the purple one!
    Thank you for sharing and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your stash busting this year! It's so hard to avoid the sales...I try to do that by not going to shops and not opening emails - sometimes with more success than others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed hearing about your 'great deal' - fabric you just can't live without. WOW - 519 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to say no to free fabric. Good luck using some of it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better! Starting over at zero is always good, but it never lasts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 173 yards only weighs 43-45 pounds. It's about 4 yards per pound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you are not feeling well, that's not fun at all. I gave up on stash management a couple of years ago, I'm not any good at it. You've done well at using your scraps up in the various quilts. Hopefully this year you can make good progress on all fronts.

    ReplyDelete