Saturday, January 8, 2022

red scraps and rsc

I started sorting for the  rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy with 1 1/2 inch strips in red. I went through the entire gallon bag of strips and pulling any that were not at least 12 inches long. I had a nice little pile. I cut as many as I could into 1 1/2 inch squares for easy breezy blocks if there was 4 matching. If there was at least 3 inches left I put them together to make 4 patches, some will be used for blossom time and some will just be made into random 4 patches. The goal is to clean up the strip bins this year. I have used strips for pieces of scrap blocks and left the bits and pieces to get in the way,


For 2 inch strips I went to my civil war reproduction scraps to make a block I saw on pinterest, that I want to make. It is an old block called star and cross, a variation of churn dasher. I cut 9 sets from the red scraps. I still need to cut hsts before I can sew them. And I am not sure they will get sewn each month. But, at least I will cut each month.
 

I get a pass on Boho heart this month, since, all the red and pink blocks are finished. 

I found my pattern for razzle dazzle and I think I am waiting to make that at another time, but it is still early in the month.

I sewed the hsts for candy. They are ready to go

Not very exciting, but, progress. We have single digits here in Indiana, still no real snow.

 I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. You have made good progress - pulling fabric is usually the thing that takes the most time! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr! Maybe working with red scraps will warm you up a little! Such a great idea to make 4 patches to save for later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any progress is good Just thinking about things, looking through the stash, doing some cutting, all takes time. You have made a good start with your reds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for a bit of RSC progress in RED, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck taming down the strips! I've got the same problem. I'm trying to remember to cut the ends of strips into squares or rectangles as I go, but it doesn't always happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to at least have RED RSC blocks cut out. Makes it so easy to one day just pick them all up and sew, sew, sew! Do I spy a Debbie Mumm string with sunflowers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it will get colder there before it starts getting warmer. Good quilting weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really enjoying seeing everyone's RSC blocks. Can't wait to see yours progress. You have some great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete