Saturday, May 29, 2021

red color blocks

This week, I worked on the16 patch blocks for the Debby Brown color blocks quilt alongI found this free quilt along with Debby Brown  from Alycia at quilty girl

I didn't have any red 2 1/2 inch squares already cut. So I strip sewed these using shorter pieces. I really have diminished my stash of 2 1/2 inch squares over the last 3 years with the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I used to have 7 velveeta boxes stuffed full. Now, I have 3 partially full.


I've used them in scraptastic stars, scrappy irish chain, shine, and cutting garden,




Right now, I am just accumulating the blocks. Once I have all the colors from the rsc, I will start planning the quilts.

My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

color blocks quilt along

crumb stars


red ufos

aunt Eliza star

blue ufos

floating stars and here and here - finished

green ufos

Christmas sparkle and here

epp stars

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here - finished

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases - finished

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here finished


 I am linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Those are great - lots of happy reds! I can see where they could be used in lots of different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve done a great job depleting your reds! Is a velvets box the cheese box? So you had all your squares cut and stacked in the boxes on edge? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up for that QAL, but didn't end up following through with it. Looking forward to seeing what will become of these RED blocks (and all the other, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty 16 patch blocks with beautiful reds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to bust through the 2-1/2" red squares!

    ReplyDelete